Open Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F Accredited course
Due to start on the 21st November 2017 in Lee-on-Solent (Portsmouth Area)
The Lee-on-Solent training venue
Further information regarding the open Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F Accredited course which is scheduled to take place in Lee-on-Solent, starting on the 21st November 2017 can be found below. This Lee-on-Solent venue is situated in the greater Portsmouth area.
By completing our enquiry form you will receive an email from us with all the information required to enrol in this Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F Accredited course. A PDF of documents attached to your email will contain our booking form, the course description, your joining instructions, a proforma invoice made out to you or your company, directions to the Lee-on-Solent venue and details on how you can enrol onto this course. Courses may also be booked and paid for online. By simply making an enquiry, you are under no obligation to join this course. We are proud to offer all clients a Lowest Price Guarantee.
9am to 1pm (Half Day)
8 delegate places remaining.
You may book or enquire about any number of persons up to this amount.
£ 79 per person + VAT
The improper use, handling and storage of abrasive products can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. This has been recognised in the UK and is now covered by legislation. This legislation makes it a legal requirement that operators, and those involved in the use of Abrasive Wheels are properly trained.
ABTAC provides a tailored training programme, Accredited by the BAF (British Abrasives Federation), which will ensure that employers meet their legal obligations and equip their employees with the necessary skills and knowledge to safely use Abrasives.
ABTAC will ensure that all participants have fully understood each section of the course and that they can fully meet all the requirements of the Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Safe Use of Abrasives.
Upon successfully completing the training each participant is issued with a BAF certificate. Each certificate lists the participant’s name and unique reference number. The participants name is also entered and listed on the BAF National database.
• A comprehensive set of BAF approved course notes for each trainee.
• Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
• Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
• Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/faulting wheel checks & ring test)
• Mounting of wheels (including a practical verification of competence test, ensuring safe mounting procedures are followed & tool care is adhered)
• Ensuring a safe working environment
• Safe use of abrasive wheels
• A test at the end of the course to ensure the participant has understood the content.
By attending the course the participant will:
• Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes
• Identify and understand requirements and responsibilities under the current PUWER Regulations
• Understand the characteristics of abrasives and their action
• Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels
• Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasive wheels and carry out visual checks
• Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection
• Identify main components and understand their functions
• Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
• Demonstrate their knowledge on abrasive wheels
Course is suitable for: Anyone who comes into contact with Bonded Abrasives (i.e. Grinding Wheels, Cutting Discs), or who is responsible for those who do.
Pre-course work is not required for this course. However, participants should arrive with a pen and paper to take notes.
The participants may choose to do some background reading, but it is not essential.
It is far more important to come with an open attitude and to treat the training as an opportunity to increase and reaffirm their bonded abrasive safety knowledge.
This Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F Accredited course is suitable for delegates in the following surrounding towns - Portsmouth | Emsworth | Hayling Island | Gosport | Lee-on-Solent | Fareham | Chichester | Bognor Regis | Southsea | Drayton, Cosham | Havant |
Make An Enquiry Or Book This Training HerePlease use the form below to book or make an enquiry for this Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F Accredited open course being held in Lee-on-Solent and starting on the 21st November 2017